AFSCME Family –
We have much to celebrate this year! Despite slim pro-worker majorities in the House and Senate, our collective voice has been of great consequence to guarantee that Congress and the Biden administration keep their promises to working families. Your efforts have already helped move Congress to pass the American Rescue Plan, the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, confirm pro-worker members to the NLRB, and begin to rebalance the federal courts. In the words of President Biden, moving these bills and achieving greater economic security and support for workers and their families “is a big BIG DEAL”! To view this on the AFSCME website, click here.
Check out this incredible list of wins AFSCME members worked hard to accomplish in 2021.
- American Rescue Plan (ARP)
- Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA)
- Build Back Better Act Moves to the Senate
- Confirmation of Marty Walsh, Secretary of Labor
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Social Security/GPO WEP update
- NLRB Confirmations
- Labor Lawyer Jennifer Sung Confirmed as a Federal Judge
- Public Service Freedom to Negotiate Act Continues Gaining Traction
Thank you for all your contributions this past year. Your activism and hard work have ensured that your AFSCME family and all working families have a fighting chance. Your voice and your actions make these and other key victories possible. As we close the year, let’s ensure we make it very clear to Congress that AFSCME’s VOICE will be strong today and in the future!
AFSCME Federal Government Affairs Team