Department of Education Members who want to apply for exemption from the vaccine requirement, or a reasonable accommodation, will now have the opportunity to apply for an exemption to the requirement for 1st shot vaccination by 9/27 based on medical need or religious belief.
As of now, documentation must be submitted by Monday 9/20. Please share widely. Tomorrow is a holiday for DOE but the application will be open.
Applications will be considered but are not a guarantee. Medical documentation must be within the last thirty days. More specific info is available in THIS PDF DOCUMENT. The actual link is only available to DOE employees.
This COVID-19 Vaccine Related Exemption and Accommodation application is for:
* Religious Exemption requests to the mandatory vaccination policy
* Medical Exemption requests to the mandatory vaccination policy
* Medical Accommodation requests where an employee is vaccinated but is unable to mount an immune response to COVID-19 due to preexisting immune conditions.
Applications should be made via the following process:
* Applications must be made using the Self-Service Online Leave Application System (Open external link).
* In SOLAS, employees should select the initial option to “Request Accommodation” and then the option to apply for an Exemption and Accommodation for COVID Vaccine-Related Reasons, and then indicate the category for the application.
* All applications require supporting documentation which must be submitted at the time of application.
More information can be found HERE.