OLR has informed DC 37 of the following changes to the Contract Pay Dates schedule:
- H+H: Due to payroll maintenance that takes place during the month of May, Health + Hospitals will not be able to process the rate and retro increases on the dates that were previously announced for per annum and hourly employees. The new dates will be announced as soon as they are available.
- Mayoral Agencies: The date for the rate increase effective May 26 will be paid on June 23 instead of June 9.
DC 37 members ratified the citywide economic agreement on March 31, 2023 with 97.7% approval. More here.
Read the contract announcement from Executive Director Henry Garrido here.
DC 37 Economic Agreement: May 26, 2021 to November 6, 2026*
1. Term of Contract – 65 months & 12 days
2. Compounded Wage Increases
3% – May 26, 2021
3% – May 26, 2022, compounded
3% – May 26, 2023, compounded
3% – May 26, 2024, compounded
3.25% – May 26, 2025, compounded
A total of 16.21% in compounded wage increases.
Additions to Gross will be increased by 3.25% effective May 26, 2025.
3. Retroactive Pay from the First Day of the Agreement
4. $3,000 Ratification Bonus
Lump sum payment to members of the collective bargaining unit in active pay status on the date of ratification. Pro-rated for other than full-time members of the collective bargaining unit (pensionable, consistent with applicable law).
5. Health Insurance
Continuation of premium-free health plans provided for by the MLC Health Agreement.
6. Additional Compensation Fund (ACF) Funds equaling 0.5% of payroll available to each bargaining unit for negotiations. Adjustments will be effective and retroactive to May 26, 2023.
7. Equity Panel
A tripartite panel will examine titles that have inequities and new job responsibilities. Adjustments will be effective and retroactive to May 26, 2023.
8. $18 Minimum Rate for DC 37
Effective July 1, 2023, members of the collective bargaining unit will earn no less than $18 per hour. **
9. Health & Welfare Fund Contributions
A $50 recurring contribution will be added to the Health & Welfare Fund effective May 26, 2023.
10. Child Care Trust Fund
The Union will establish a Child Care Trust Fund to provide assistance for members’ child care expenses.
11. Work Flexibility Committee
The Union and the City will form a committee:
∙ With a goal to implement a remote work pilot no later than June 1, 2023;
∙ To develop policies for compressed work schedules and flexible scheduling; and
∙ To expand transit benefits.
12. Pandemic Response Joint Committee
The committee will review and improve the City’s ongoing response to COVID and future contagious diseases.
Effective as soon as practicable after ratification, all employees of mayoral agencies, elected officials, DOE and NYCHA will need to opt-in to receive paper pay stubs.
14. Continue all other terms of the previous economic agreement.
* Effective Dates are different for some contracts
** Hourly School Employees are paid over the summer. The combination of school year rate and summer pay makes the effective rate over $18.