NOMINATIONS FOR CANDIDATES FOR THE UNION OFICERS, WELFARE AND CHARLES ENSLEY EDUCATIONAL FUNDS TRUSTEES, DISTRICT COUNCIL 37 DELEGATES, AND CENTRAL LABOR COUNCIL DELEGATES
Dear SSEU Local 371 Member,
Please note the following nominations and instructions:
1. Nomination of candidates for the Union positions of President, Executive Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer, Vice President for Negotiations and Research, Vice President for Organization and Education, Vice President for Grievances and Legal Services, Vice President for Publicity and Community Relations, Vice President for Legislative and Political Action, and three (3) Trustees of the Local.
2. Nomination of candidates for four (4) positions of Trustee of the Welfare and Charles Ensley Educational Funds for the two-year term commencing in 2023.
3. Nomination of candidates for twenty-one (21) positions of Delegate to the District Council 37 Delegates’ Council.
4. Nomination of candidates for nine (9) positions of Delegate to the Central Labor Council.
(1) Electronically via the link to a web form below that will be accessible from 9 a.m. Thursday, March 9th through 5 p.m. on Friday, March 10th
(2) Via Zoom teleconference during the Virtual General Membership meeting held on Monday, March 13th at 6:00 pm.
During the General Membership meeting, candidates previously nominated by email (via web form) will be announced. At that time, additional nominations can also be made during the live video conference (via ZOOM).
The official web form, as well as a link to register for the General Membership Meeting, will go live on this page at 9 am on Thursday, March 9th. Do not submit any nominations or other requests prior to this posted date and time.
PLEASE NOTE that whichever one of the above options you decide to use to submit your individual or slate nominations, YOU MUST INCLUDE: your full name, last four digits of your Social Security Number, your personal email address, your cellular phone number and also what office position you are running for. If you are the Head of the Slate, you must submit this information for every candidate on your slate. Please remember, in order to have a slate box on the ballot, each position must have an eligible candidate nominated.
Once submitted all Slates and Independent Candidates will receive confirmation of its receipt. The name of all Candidates and their positions will be posted on Local 371’s website.
As per Local 371’s Constitution, to be eligible to run for Elective Union Offices and Positions a candidate must be a member in good standing.
As per Local 371’s Constitution, to make a nomination, the nominator must be a member in good standing.
The Election Committee will examine and determine the eligibility of all Nominators and Nominees, relative to their good standing following nominations.
SSEU Local 371 Election Committee