On behalf of Commissioner Renee Campion, below are the list of resources available for veterans and their family members
- The NYC Department of Veterans’ Services (DVS) offers the following services to NYC Veterans:
- Care coordination, referrals to service providers, VA disability claims counseling and support (Sign up here to request help)
- Support for Veteran entrepreneurs and Veteran Owned Businesses (Click here to learn more about the DVS Veteran Business Leadership Association and VetBizMap)
- Veteran Voices Project oral history initiative—share your story or volunteer to capture the stories of other local NYC Veterans (Click here to listen/participate)
- Veteran spouses are now eligible for a one-time civil exam fee waiver! Those who qualify and are interested can register for the City of New York’s civil service examinations through its (Online Application System (OASys).
- To connect with the DVS office, visit nyc.gov/veterans or call 212-416-5250 or:
James Hendon, DVS Commissioner
+1 (646) 483-0783
Cassandra Alvarez, Chief of Staff
Chuck Rivera, Press Secretary
- Subscribe to the NYC Department of Veterans’ Services newsletter by visiting nyc.gov/vetnewsletter
- Veterans are eligible for special civil service exam credits and fee waivers. To learn more, View the DCAS special circumstances guide. To register for an exam and fee waiver, visit the Online Application System (OASys).
- NYC Employee’s Assistance Program: eaphome (nyc.gov)
- WorkWell NYC: wellnesshome (nyc.gov)